Are there any notable libraries written in D which have gotten considerable use outside the D community?

Liam McGillivray yoshi.pit.link.mario at gmail.com
Sat Apr 20 22:26:41 UTC 2024

I've only really joined the D community and started programming
it rather recently. So far, the most of the libraries I've seen
are either D bindings to C & C++ programs, or tools related to
the language itself. Of the ones that aren't, I've seen none that
say anything about being used by other languages. In short, all
the D libraries I'm aware of appear to be made specifically for
use by D programs.

Of the libraries I know of that are often used outside the
language they are written in, most are in C. All the one's that
aren't are in C++.

But are there any exceptions that I should be aware of? Are there
any libraries that have been written in D, and then gotten
considerable use by programmers without D experience, in programs
not written in D?

I would think that this would be technically viable with the
`betterC` option, though the difficulty would be in advertising
it's compatibility to non-D programmers.