collectNoStack should be axed

Steven Schveighoffer schveiguy at gmail.com
Mon Apr 22 01:34:24 UTC 2024

On Sunday, 21 April 2024 at 21:55:32 UTC, Brad Roberts wrote:
> Before github we used dsource.org and subversion:
>     http://dsource.org/projects/druntime/browser
>
> It looks like the history on github retains that history, which
> matches with my memory of how we transitioned over.  The
> history seems to start at about 2008.
>
> What I'm not seeing is much pre-D2 history.  There's some, but
> I thought I'd built up a full D1 history, or mostly full -- at
> least a per-release snapshot.  Did those early release
> tarball/zips not contain the druntime code maybe?

druntime was D2 only. D1 never supported druntime if I recall
correctly. If you wanted what was in druntime, you used Tango
(because that's where druntime came from). Remember that druntime
is the attempt to be able to have both D2 phobos and Tango using
the same runtime (this was the big problem with using both Tango
and phobos libs -- incompatible runtimes).

For non-Tango D1, the runtime code was all in phobos.

So if you look at Tango history you will find where it comes
from. I traced it all the way back from the beginning, where it
was copied from D1 phobos (which had the function as I showed).
Once I found it always was nostack, I just stopped going back.

I was going to start looking at dsource for tango history, but
remembered there was a D2 port which also has the D1 history ;)

-Steve