DMD release cadence report 2023

Jonathan M Davis newsgroup.d at jmdavisprog.com
Tue Apr 23 18:43:31 UTC 2024

On Monday, April 22, 2024 1:56:35 PM MDT Iain Buclaw via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> Moving forward for the next 12 months, is keeping at this pace
> fine? Should it slow down or speed up?

I've been fine with the current cadence. I'd also be fine with more frequent
major releases. Either way, I wouldn't really want it slowed down. It would
get particularly annoying with stuff like additions to the bindings in
druntime, since depending on the timing, those can take around two months to
become available as things have been, and I wouldn't want to see that take
even longer.

- Jonathan M Davis