Forum moderation policy idea: No overly combative debating

Dom DiSc dominikus at scherkl.de
Tue Apr 30 15:35:49 UTC 2024

On Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 14:55:00 UTC, Sergey wrote:
> On Monday, 29 April 2024 at 14:46:28 UTC, Dukc wrote:
>> What do you think?
>
> Short answer: it could be good to have one.
>
> Long answer: I think community should have some kind of
> self-regulation, however software used for communication should
> give this ability(functionality) and be more flexibility. Of
> course mail-based solution is just outdated and not competitive
> for that purpose.

I fully agree to this. Pure text communication has a strong
tendency to get out of control as important other channels like
voice and mimic are missing, which give a short-time reaction to
the words someone uses. Without this immediate reaction people
say things they never would face to face. That is why moderation
on such low-band media is so essential. Unfortunately.