What ever happened to move semantics?

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Tue Feb 27 07:20:46 UTC 2024

Hi Manu! Good to hear from you!

We do have a DIP on move semantics I wrote a while back:

https://github.com/dlang/DIPs/blob/master/DIPs/DIP1040.md

but other demands always seem to get in the way. I'd appreciate your advice on
the DIP.

 > I realised that the best and most usable containers are actually the stdcpp
 > containers I was implementing years ago!

It's not surprising that the containers you worked on are the most useful to you!

I'm curious about what containers are needed for a microcontroller?

Since an overhaul of Phobos is underway, I'm especially interested in your takes
on unintuitive/horrible aspects. I don't want to bias your response with my
thoughts on the matter.