What ever happened to move semantics?

Mike Parker aldacron at gmail.com
Tue Feb 27 10:12:00 UTC 2024

On Tuesday, 27 February 2024 at 06:19:53 UTC, Richard (Rikki)
Andrew Cattermole wrote:

> A new standard library is currently in the works of being
> planned.
> It is lead by Adam Wilson who has buy in from both Walter and
> Atila.
> This ties into a new planned edition system for ensuring
> stability of language.
>
> https://github.com/LightBender/PhobosV3-Design

I'll add that containers are specifically a goal right now.
Robert Schadek's upcoming DConf Online talk is related to that.
He's volunteered to head up work on a container project, and
Steven Schveighoffer has offered to help where he can. There's
also somewhat related work on allocators that Atila and Paul
Backus are heading up.