Making 2024 the Year of D

Waffle56 waffle56 at biz.com
Thu Jan 4 10:22:50 UTC 2024

On Thursday, 4 January 2024 at 09:52:49 UTC, Micah wrote:
> My honest suggestion would be the community/organisation focus
> on improving the infrastructure before looking to add more to
> the language as people's first experience of a new language
> (i.e. website, documentation, the steps to get started) should
> be positive otherwise they wont stick around, and wont become
> contributors

I completely agree with this view, the language really needs to
be promoted, and I am conducting efforts to do this in my own
country. We wrote a project in the D language for a government
institution, and I want to do everything I can to spread it more
widely.

If you see it fit, we can establish a platform for our community
where we adapt and share our knowledge and experiences in the D
language. I can develop a system for this in a short time, using
the D language for the backend.