Making 2024 the Year of D

Jordan Wilson wilsonjord at gmail.com
Fri Jan 5 04:19:20 UTC 2024

On Friday, 5 January 2024 at 02:57:43 UTC, Doigt wrote:
> Do keep in mind that the fork is just two people who have long
> been angry and extreme in both how they express their anger at
> D and how exaggerated their concerns are.

This is unfair to Adam, and does not characterise the vast
majority of his contributions to the forums at all (yes, it
appeared things escalated recently, and clearly there was some
extreme frustration, as one could tell from his since-removed
Boxing day post).

> ... The community is still one and the same. It will not follow
> them over there. They will burn themselves out maintaining
> their fork alone and then they'll come back begging or leave D
> entirely.

If Adam comes back to D, I hope he is welcomed back with open
arms; it's a sad loss of a great contributor to Dlang as a whole,
from the This Week in D blog, his arsd libs, right to his D
Cookbook, which I found really helpful when I begin learning D.

Jordan K. Wilson