Making 2024 the Year of D

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Sat Jan 6 21:49:56 UTC 2024

On 1/6/2024 12:24 PM, Renato wrote:
> I think that something that needs urgent attention is documentation for dub.

Trying to fix the documentation for a large project like dub can look like an
overwhelming task, with the result that nothing happens.

A way that works is to decide just fix one detail, one that is underdocumented
and you know how it should work. Don't think about fixing the rest of it. Just
the one problem.

Submit a PR, get it merged.

Then another detail. And so on.

It's amazing how much progress one can make just by taking a small step at a time.

Sometimes with the dlang documentation, I simply open a random page, and start
reading. I'll inevitably find a paragraph or example that is crummy, and submit
a fix for it.

The same goes for improving a large code base.