We are forking D

monkyyy crazymonkyyy at gmail.com
Sun Jan 7 17:47:37 UTC 2024

On Sunday, 7 January 2024 at 11:54:16 UTC, bomat wrote:
> And yet, I feel like Zig is already getting more attention than
> D. Just my impression, I'm not going to speculate why that is.

I'll do it for you, d is a c++ killer not a c killer, zig will
probably win the c killer race because it has a ton and different
platforms and is working on a new libc, meaning zig and basically
no one else can make breaking changes to fundamental things.

And d is a template hell with the most features and fastest
compile time, but doesnt actually ship a completed data
structures and algorithms project and honestly copies too many of
stl's mistakes.