We are forking D

Nick Treleaven nick at geany.org
Wed Jan 10 15:40:55 UTC 2024

On Tuesday, 9 January 2024 at 22:10:45 UTC, Lance Bachmeier wrote:
> If you contribute this work to the fork, you'll have folks to
> try it out and provide feedback, and you won't have to add
> experimental flags to the compiler or mess with the compiler at
> all.

My impression so far is that the openD fork may diverge too far
from dmd to be able to merge changes upstream. They've already
changed the layout of the repositories - combining phobos and ldc
into the compiler one. Maybe my git knowledge is not perfect, but
it seems to have made merging openD changes back into dmd much
more awkward.