named arguments, string interpolation, please stop.

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Thu Jan 11 19:53:10 UTC 2024

On 1/11/2024 6:47 AM, zjh wrote:
> On Thursday, 11 January 2024 at 14:34:57 UTC, jmh530 wrote:
> Its a
>> tricky organizational problem. It's hard to have high quality/standards with a
>> lot of contributors.
>
> This is an organizational issue, how to arrange `manpower, time, and tasks`?

It's a repeating occurrence that people often ask me what they can work on. I
provide a list of A,B,C,D that would be of great benefit. They do Q, because Q
interests them more.

In order to assign tasks, one needs to actually employ people, as I cannot
assign anything to volunteers.

(Some of our volunteers do do things that aren't much fun, but need to be worked
on. Those are our most valued contributors.)