The forked elephant in the room

Mike Shah mshah.475 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 16 02:33:32 UTC 2024

On Tuesday, 16 January 2024 at 01:37:40 UTC, claptrap wrote:
> On Tuesday, 16 January 2024 at 01:11:16 UTC, Mike Shah wrote:
>> On Tuesday, 16 January 2024 at 00:14:50 UTC, GrimMaple wrote:
>>>
>> I think the C++ committee process is also evolving over time.
>> Though they have the same (sometimes intense) debates I've
>> observed here and other communities in regards to features.
>
> yeah but D pretty much only has to get Walter and Atila to
> agree on it. It's not like there's vast amount of stakeholders,
> or committee members that you need to get on board like with
> C++.
>
> It should actually be an advantage for D but somehow its not.

Pros and cons I imagine to that that, though I'm not trying to
push any DIPs,

I think we also need to think about how to grow the team and get
them more help. Many other language foundations have money behind
them to back a few full-time developers. I'll do what I can on
advocacy around D, because I think it's a wonderful language and
community -- that's why we're all here! :)