The forked elephant in the room

Dibyendu Majumdar d.majumdar at gmail.com
Tue Jan 16 10:33:13 UTC 2024

On Tuesday, 16 January 2024 at 00:14:50 UTC, GrimMaple wrote:

>> P.S. We also have some contributors who have a long track
>> record of superb contributions. They also have a consistent
>> commitment to promptly fixing anything that goes wrong with it
>> down the road. Yes, they get a lot less scrutiny. They've
>> earned it.
> Care to give a few names?

What is your contribution to D?

As Walter says forks are good. But please go work on your fork
and make it great, rather than complaining here.

If OpenD is good, it will be good competition to D and help spur
things. But on the other hand, it requires full time dedicated &
knowledgeable people to maintain a language, so it remains to be
seen whether anything comes out of the fork.