The forked elephant in the room

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Tue Jan 16 20:18:00 UTC 2024

On 1/16/2024 6:38 AM, Paolo Invernizzi wrote:
> I'm referring to delegation for _judgements_ on specific aspect of D ecosystem:
> we are seeing it right now, an incredible amount of effort spent by a lot of
> people to "justify" why CT string interpolation is not a 'nice-to-have'.

Both proposals can do CT string interpolation.

There are misunderstandings about both proposals.

I suspect if we all sat down in a room together, we'd have it resolved within an
hour.

> The net gain for _everybody_ , Walter included, would have been to simply
> delegate that specific judgement to Timon

I've never caught Timon in a technical error, he's a genius as far as I can
tell! But we disagree now and then on the value of various inevitable tradeoffs.
This stems from our different backgrounds.