Should I invest time in D?

Guillaume Piolat first.name at gmail.com
Wed Jan 17 20:07:55 UTC 2024

On Wednesday, 17 January 2024 at 07:19:28 UTC, Lars Johansson
wrote:
> I'm seventy one, so I do not have all the time in the world.  I
> have procrastinated too long already. My humble question is
> 'Why should I use D?'. I am greatful for any polite answer:)

Well using the language is a very different experience than
reading the forums here, do don't worry too much about the
shoutings and I'd say don't read the forums too often ^^. D the
language is super "peaceful" to use.

There are systematic conflicts in language development that also
happen to other communities, sometimes a bit worse maybe:
Ocaml:
https://lobste.rs/s/atqtzp/introducing_opend_d_language_fork_is_open#c_oa2vwx
Clojure:
https://lobste.rs/s/atqtzp/introducing_opend_d_language_fork_is_open#c_xqxeos

I think Learning D is very rewarding since it's it very
"moldable", it adapts to any task and personally allows my best
work to be produced.