I approved DIP1036e

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Wed Jan 17 20:42:24 UTC 2024

On 1/17/2024 7:07 AM, zjh wrote:
> Yes, why don't I participate in these debates because I can't even `try them
> out`. How do I know the `pros and cons`?
> Only after `practical testing` can a more specific understanding be obtained.
> Otherwise, it is just `nonsense`.
> And the `endless debate` is a waste of time!

If you can build the compiler, it's not hard to merge a fork into your local
copy and then build it.

I had trouble with that because every search query gave me the wrong git command
to do this. I wound up asking some team members, and got the right command.

The forking system is the way to do this. It isn't very practical to try and
maintain binaries of each PR.

DMD is pretty friendly to build from scratch. On my machine:

time make debug

takes 26 seconds to build on an ancient Linux box.