The forked elephant in the room

Adam Wilson flyboynw at gmail.com
Thu Jan 18 01:56:32 UTC 2024

On Wednesday, 17 January 2024 at 18:28:33 UTC, Paul Backus wrote:
> What you (and Walter, and Andrei) could, and should, have done
> is spent the last 10+ years treating Adam with the respect and
> professionalism he deserved. What you can, and must, do now is
> (a) determine why you failed to do so, and (b) make plans to
> ensure that those failures do not recur in the future (either
> with Adam, should he return, or with other contributors).

Professional respect is both earned and revocable. Mr. Ruppe did
himself no favors during the November community call (don't know
if I can say more than that). Extreme frustration is not, and
never can be, an excuse from professional decorum. Mr. Wilzbach
handled it much better. IMO, the leadership dealt with Mr. Ruppe
about as charitably as one could hope for.