The forked elephant in the room

Guillaume Piolat first.name at gmail.com
Thu Jan 18 17:09:33 UTC 2024

On Thursday, 18 January 2024 at 06:31:33 UTC, Richard (Rikki)
Andrew Cattermole wrote:

> Of course because Walter keeps saying, I don't care if you
> insult me (more or less) on the N.G. its not like us moderators
> can take action, because he has waived an awful lot of the
> expectation of respect in simply stating that.

+1

Behaviour flows from the top.
It's important to realize a chunk of the newcomers are people,
for lack of better words, prone to trolling behaviour that may be
attracted by that lax rules enabled by the top of the hierarchy.

It makes the work of being a moderator in the D community much
more stressful than people may realize.