The forked elephant in the room

aberba karabutaworld at gmail.com
Fri Jan 19 00:39:27 UTC 2024

On Thursday, 18 January 2024 at 06:31:33 UTC, Richard (Rikki)
Andrew Cattermole wrote:
> On 18/01/2024 3:51 PM, Mike Parker wrote:
>> And while we're at it, can we please get rid of this "us vs.
>> them" mentality? We are all here for the same overarching
>> reason: we're enthusiastic about the D programming language.
>> We all want it to succeed, and we all want it to help us
>> achieve our ideas and our goals. It doesn't matter if you're
>> on the DLF team, an employee at one of the D shops,
>> self-employed, or doing this just for fun. So let's please
>> keep that in mind when we're interacting with each other.
>
> Part of the problem that allows this to exist is simply because
> Walter & Atila are not where the people are.
>
> Yes Walter is active on the N.G., Atila isn't.
>
> However neither are on Discord, the easiest of live chat
> methods that we have.
Discord is a huge time sink and unproductive. I doubt the DLF
folks can deal with it and get anything done. I sometimes wonder
how you guys manage to get anything else done lol.

On a serious note, I think being active in this forum alone is
enough. But no pressure.