No Privacy Policy in D tools (dmd, dub, phobos, etc)

Adam Wilson flyboynw at gmail.com
Sun Jan 28 03:42:41 UTC 2024

On Thursday, 25 January 2024 at 16:00:21 UTC, monkyyy wrote:
> On Thursday, 25 January 2024 at 00:15:57 UTC, Adam Wilson wrote:
>>
>> For my current project, our non-US plans consist of "block
>> their IPs." GDPR is a massive capital sink for an small
>> business.
>
> Why block eu ips for the eu?

To avoid threads like this? It clearly and unambiguously solves
the entire question.

Also, localization is a massive headache (re: expensive) that
we'd rather just not deal with. To be fair, we won't be exporting
outside the US in general, because we aren't going to localize to
French (Canada) either and that's a legal requirement there.

The US is far and away the biggest market for our software, so we
find it easier to focus on that.

I am all for following the local laws. But there is no
requirement that we do business with locales whose laws we find
too onerous to comply with.