No Privacy Policy in D tools (dmd, dub, phobos, etc)

FairEnough FairEnough at gmail.com
Sun Jan 28 04:04:42 UTC 2024

On Sunday, 28 January 2024 at 03:42:41 UTC, Adam Wilson wrote:
> I am all for following the local laws. But there is no
> requirement that we do business with locales whose laws we find
> too onerous to comply with.

That is certainly fairenough.

However, the focus (and your focus as a developer) should be on
protecting the personal data of citizens, and not on geography.

That GDPR compliance can be too onerous for some, is certainly an
issue, but not an excuse to not take all reasonable measures to
protect the personal data of citizens, including U.S citizens.

Privacy by design and default, should be the guiding principle,
regardless of local laws and geography. If it's not, it WILL come
back to bite you, that's is for certain.