Replacement of code-d extension for vscode?!

Sergey kornburn at yandex.ru
Tue Jan 30 21:58:37 UTC 2024

On Tuesday, 30 January 2024 at 21:21:21 UTC, Tim Moldazhan wrote:
> I would remove support D for visual studio and focus on
> cross-platform editors like vscode, atom, because Visual Studio
> and MSVC are no longer in demand these days.

Different people involved. No need to discontinue VS support.
serve-d is an LSP and working in many IDE and text editors.

> For C++ today, the best choice is the gcc compiler vscode
> editor on Linux OS. But C++ itself is also outdated language
> and today Go is in the lead thanks to its built-in package
> manager and network focus, which C++ does not have.

C++ just not very popular in network, but still is the only real
player in many other areas.

> The D language is keeping up with Go. I think the D language
> has a great future if the community pays more attention to
> network development, coroutines, chans and etc, of course makes
> all of these things by default in the standard library like Go
> does.

Network tasks and coroutines in Go are one of the most
successful/advanced. And not even bigger languages can compete
with Go in this area. Especially D can't do that.