The forked elephant in the room

Steven Schveighoffer schveiguy at gmail.com
Wed Jan 31 21:22:22 UTC 2024

On Tuesday, 30 January 2024 at 04:00:48 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> On 1/29/2024 5:45 PM, max haughton wrote:
>> Well the syntax is cleaner but has the potential to be
>> ambiguous both with .d files and the usual <> vs "" stuff.
>
> Right. Putting .c and .d files with the same name in the same
> directory is not going to work well. The fix is easy and
> permanent - rename the .d or the .c file.

Or in the same import path. This is what bit me -- my C files
were not in the same directory, but in a similarly named
directory. I ended up having to rename the directory to prevent
the compiler from finding them.

I also think the syntax can be clean without being ambiguous:

```d
// import(C) soundio; // sadly not available because import
expressions
import!C soundio;
```

-Steve