[Dlang-internal] The Phantom Zone

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Tue Jan 16 22:22:22 UTC 2018

On 1/16/2018 12:35 PM, Brad Roberts wrote:
> What's your goal with the PZ?

The current system is a binary "it's good enough to merge now" and "it has zero
merit whatsoever and should never be looked at again."

There's a continuum in between those poles, and that is what the PZ is for. I
listed 4 reasons a PR may fall in that continuum.

> Is it to have the github pull queues kept to a tiny number of open and active requests?

One is to keep the autotester from wasting resources on those.

The other is the political/marketing issue of "what are those old PRs doing
there? They should just be merged or closed!"