[Dlang-internal] Potential changes to DDoc

David Gileadi gileadisNOSPM at gmail.com
Mon Jan 22 18:17:37 UTC 2018

On 1/22/18 10:37 AM, John Gabriele wrote:
> On Monday, 22 January 2018 at 05:03:41 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
>> On 1/20/2018 10:33 AM, David Gileadi wrote:
>> {snip}
>>
>>> Appendix A: Planned Markdown support
>>> ------------------------------------
>>>
>>> I plan to support the following Markdown features, as specified by
>>> CommonMark [4]:
>>>
>>> {snip}
>>
>>> - Nesting lists
>>
>>    1. cat
>>    2. dog
>>    3. box
>>
>> is fine for ordered lists, using * for unordered ones is plenty good
>> enough.
>
> For maximum ease of reading, nesting, and for consistency, I suggest
> following the 4-space rule. That is, list item *content* (not the
> markers) always starts at multiples of 4 columns in; additional
> paragraphs of a list item are also indented 4 spaces; code blocks
> indented 4 spaces. For example:
> <https://gist.github.com/uvtc/379bca988270ba8b44a30efabbfa9d6b>.

Thanks for the suggestion. However, since I'm trying to stick to the
CommonMark spec I've implemented their rules for determining when
indented text continues a list item, etc.

I'm currently not supporting indented code blocks, however. I could
potentially support them within list items, but right now I don't intend to.