[dmd-beta] dmd 1.063 and 2.048 beta

Fawzi Mohamed fawzi at gmx.ch
Mon Aug 9 07:14:22 PDT 2010

On 9-ago-10, at 15:25, Jason House wrote:

> On Aug 9, 2010, at 8:07 AM, Fawzi Mohamed <fawzi at gmx.ch> wrote:

>>> OK, sounds like the unit tests may never have passed on OSX.
>>> BTW you can now assume that none of the Phobos devs will look at
>>> anything related to Tango. Compiler-related bug reports need to be
>>> added to Bugzilla.
>>
>> I have always tried to reduce compiler bugs to lib independent
>> bugs, and submit them
>>

> It may have been the link to the Tango site that inspired the
> comment? Given the recent hard stance on using a Tango-like API, I
> can't blame anyone that avoids looking at Tango.
>
> The Tango developers have actively isolated themselves. I can't
> imagine Walter or Sean going out of their way to support Tango again
> until there is an olive branch from the Tango maintainers.

ok I haven't followed the tango related discussions, but I had my own
disagreements about tango that made me almost branch it (but D has
enough branches as it is, and I am not interested in mantaining yet
another branch).
In the end I just decided to be a tango user, and make a layer in blip
to insulate me from a too strong dependency on tango.

I just want to use D, sometime it is more complex than it should be :(.
Anyway for D 1 I think that tango is a good choice, actually the only
one for 64 bit at the moment...

Fawzi