[dmd-beta] dmd 2.049 beta

David Simcha dsimcha at gmail.com
Tue Sep 14 16:33:34 PDT 2010

  I've put this beta through all my standard tests that I've put the
last few betas through.

What works (i.e. compiles and passes unittests):
Phobos
dstats
gtkD
plot2kill (gtkD port)
std.parallelism  (candidate Phobos lib)
std.rational  (candidate Phobos lib)

Issues:
(Major)  Compiling DFL crashes DMD on dfl's socket.d.  This is related
to changes in Phobos, not DMD.  Compiling DFL with DMD 2.049 + Phobos
2.049 OR DMD 2.048 + SVN Phobos crashes DMD, but compiling w/ DMD 2.048
+ Phobos 2.048 doesn't.  I'm working on figuring out exactly when/how
this broke.  I will keep the list posted.

(Minor)  I found a bug in std.array.array() where it doesn't work with
opApply-based iterables with length.  (My bad.)  I've checked in the fix
already.  This doesn't break existing code because it's related to new
functionality.