[dmd-beta] dmd 2.049 beta

David Simcha dsimcha at gmail.com
Tue Sep 14 16:55:40 PDT 2010

> Issues:
> (Major)  Compiling DFL crashes DMD on dfl's socket.d.  This is related
> to changes in Phobos, not DMD.  Compiling DFL with DMD 2.049 + Phobos
> 2.049 OR DMD 2.048 + SVN Phobos crashes DMD, but compiling w/ DMD
> 2.048 + Phobos 2.048 doesn't.  I'm working on figuring out exactly
> when/how this broke.  I will keep the list posted.

Ok, I've done the dirty work of binary searching through revisions to
find the one that actually broke this.  It's Phobos revision 1923
(http://dsource.org/projects/phobos/changeset/1923).  If I use DMD 2.049
+ druntime 2.049 + Phobos SVN 1922, DFL compiles fine.  If I use DMD
20.49 + druntime 2.049 + Phobos SVN 1923, the compiler just hard crashes
without any error message whatsoever on Windows 7.