[dmd-beta] dmd 2.049 beta

David Simcha dsimcha at gmail.com
Tue Sep 14 18:06:47 PDT 2010

  I've found the offending lines of code and committed a workaround to
Phobos.  DFL now compiles properly.  Obviously the underlying bug is in
DMD, not Phobos, but I suggest we go ahead w/ this release anyhow because:

1.  I have no freakin' clue how to even reproduce the underlying DMD bug
in a reasonably small test case, let alone fix it.  About all I know is
that it's somehow related to auto returns (because that's what "solved"
the problem when I changed it in Phobos).  My gut feeling is that this
is probably one of those bugs that only shows up under a very weird
combination of circumstances, such that it's very unlikely anyone will
run into it.

2.  It's not a regression (or at least not a recent one) because the bug
shows up using 2.048 DMD with recent SVNs of Phobos.