[dmd-beta] 64 bit beta for Linux

Walter Bright walter at digitalmars.com
Sun Feb 6 15:50:58 PST 2011

Which patches do you need?

Rainer Schuetze wrote:
> Hi,
> I cannot actually comment on the 64-bit version, but as it is probably 
> also the candidate for dmd2.052 I'll take the opportunity to report on 
> updating to the latest revision from github a couple of days ago. As I 
> need a couple of patches, I cannot use the release version anyway. 
> There were quite a few problems getting my project (visuald) to 
> compile (on win32):
> - bug 2962 was hitting me hard, asserting on 
> std.conv.parse!(real,string). I reported the workaround in the bug 
> report.
> - join(stringarray,std.string.newline) no longer works, you have to 
> copy std.string.newline to a local variable.
> - the linker was bugging me with unresolved symbols from phobos until 
> I noticed that I was creating documentation while compiling. This 
> enables version D_Ddoc, which causes other declarations to be used in 
> several places. Unfortunately, these were not the same as the ones 
> that were used when compiling phobos, namely std.file.DirEntry.isDir 
> and std.file.DirEntry.linkAttributes, but there might be more. I can 
> understand the motivation of having a separate version with 
> declarations for the documentation, but these are likely to get out of 
> date pretty soon...
> - after fixing that, the linker complained with this:
> m:\s\d\dmd2\dmd\src\..\..\lib\phobos.lib(datetime)  Error 162: Bad 
> Type Index reference to type 1003
> which boiled down to the linker not liking the type information 
> written for "enum DayOfWeek : ubyte". Using int as the base type fixed 
> it, but I guess this is not intended. I could not reproduce the error 
> with a small test file, though. While trying to narrow it down, I had 
> to browse through std.datetime. This is really difficult due to the 
> unittests distracting from the actual code so much. Actually I added a 
> function to visuald to remove them all shrinking the file to a quarter 
> of its size. I'm impressed by the completeness of the tests, but I 
> would prefer to find them in a separate file.
> - I'm still using the d_time functions (e.g. std.file.getTimes), but 
> it seems the conversion from SysTime is wrong by a month (plus an 
> hour, but that might be due to wrong timezone settings).
> - There's still that 32-byte ".exe" file in the windows\bin folder of 
> dmd2beta.zip
> Regards,
> Rainer
> Walter Bright wrote:
>> Time to give it a try!
>> http://ftp.digitalmars.com/dmd1beta.zip
>> http://ftp.digitalmars.com/dmd2beta.zip
>> _______________________________________________
>> dmd-beta mailing list
>> dmd-beta at puremagic.com
>> http://lists.puremagic.com/mailman/listinfo/dmd-beta
> _______________________________________________
> dmd-beta mailing list
> dmd-beta at puremagic.com
> http://lists.puremagic.com/mailman/listinfo/dmd-beta

More information about the dmd-beta mailing list