[dmd-beta] Mo' Beta: dmd 1.067 and 2.052 beta

David Simcha dsimcha at gmail.com
Mon Feb 14 06:36:48 PST 2011

Unfortunately I found one more segfault bug that was masked by some of
the other bugs I filed last night (i.e. I thought it was a manifestation
of the same bug).  I'm not 100% sure it's not a bug in my code (it is
horribly complicated multithreaded code, after all), though my code
works on 32-bit so I'm fairly sure.

I don't have time to reduce it right now (maybe tonight or tomorrow).
In case anyone else wants to try, the second unit test block of
std.parallelism
(http://dsource.org/projects/scrapple/browser/trunk/parallelFuture/std_parallelism.d)
segfaults, but only on 64-bit builds.  This happens sometimes even with
-O enabled, but much more often without.  According to GDB the segfaults
occur in pthread_condition_wait, called from
core.sync.condition.wait().  Apparently bogus arguments are getting
passed somewhere.