[dmd-beta] dmd 1.069 and 2.054 beta

Andrej Mitrovic andrej.mitrovich at gmail.com
Sat Jul 9 07:15:38 PDT 2011

Ok first there was a lot of confusion from my part because I pulled
RDMD and then I was walking through the changesets until I got a build
of RDMD that works. I mistakenly thought it was the latest changeset,
but I was wrong.

*Fresh start*:
Using beta2, here's a combination of my MSYS and console log, and also
I've added a test.d file into the tools directory which creates a
"foo.txt" file:

MSYS:
$ git clone https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/tools.git
Cloning into tools...
remote: Counting objects: 105, done.
Receiving objects: 100% (105/105), 19.57 KiB, done.
Resolving deltas: 100% (32/32), done.

Andrej at EXPERIEN-2EE899 /d/dev/projects
$ cd tools

CONSOLE:
D:\dev\projects\tools>dmd rdmd.d
D:\dev\projects\tools>rdmd.exe test.d

Creates test.d.deps but no foo.txt file.

MSYS:
$ git checkout HEAD^
Note: checking out 'HEAD^'.

HEAD is now at 6085e85... Fix complaint about nonexistent directory in dry-run m
ode

CONSOLE:
D:\dev\projects\tools>dmd rdmd.d
D:\dev\projects\tools>rdmd.exe test.d

Again, test.d.deps is generated but no foo.txt file.

MSYS:
$ git checkout HEAD^
Previous HEAD position was 6085e85... Fix complaint about nonexistent directory
in dry-run mode
HEAD is now at e27d9b9... Merge branch 'makedepend'

CONSOLE:
D:\dev\projects\tools>dmd rdmd.d
D:\dev\projects\tools>rdmd.exe test.d

Now the foo.txt file is actually generated.

RDMD with the two last changesets doesn't even seem to compile the
module properly, as no errors are generated on wrong code. It only
creates a .deps file.

So, this does seem to be a case of a broken changeset, probably 6085e85.