[dmd-beta] dmd 1.069 and 2.054 beta

Nick Sabalausky bus_dmdbeta at semitwist.com
Sat Jul 9 11:56:11 PDT 2011

I'm pretty sure this is a bug in the DMD beta. First of all, the
seemingly-offending changeset in rdmd doesn't look like it should even
possibly have this effect. Secondly, I can reproduce Andrej's problem using
the DMD beta, but the problem goes away if I use 2.053:

*Fresh start*:

[Unzipped Andrej's rdmd_bug.zip to "D:\DevTool\rdmd_bug"]

D:\DevTool\rdmd_bug>dmd
DMD32 D Compiler v2.053
[...snip...]

D:\DevTool\rdmd_bug>git clone
https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/tools.git
Cloning into tools...
[...snip...]

D:\DevTool\rdmd_bug>copy test.d tools
        1 file(s) copied.

D:\DevTool\rdmd_bug>cd tools

D:\DevTool\rdmd_bug\tools>dmd rdmd.d

D:\DevTool\rdmd_bug\tools>rdmd test.d
test

D:\DevTool\rdmd_bug\tools>SET
PATH=D:\DevTool\dmd2beta\dmd2\windows\bin;%PATH%

D:\DevTool\rdmd_bug\tools>dmd
DMD32 D Compiler v2.054

D:\DevTool\rdmd_bug\tools>dmd rdmd.d

D:\DevTool\rdmd_bug\tools>rdmd test.d