[dmd-beta] Fighting with 2.059 and not quite winning

Vladimir Panteleev thecybershadow.lists at gmail.com
Thu Apr 5 20:26:19 PDT 2012

Sorry for creating a new thread, I unsubscribed from this list but
subscribed back just so I could post about this.

I'm having a hard time getting my open-source ActionScript 3 disassembler
project to compile with the latest DMD git. I've taken three tries at this
during the development cycle (3rd being tonight), but every time I've
given up in frustration.

The first problem was due to std.conv not being pure-friendly. I don't
know why text(1) or to!string(1) aren't pure. (I've left this alone for
now to figure out later.)

Now, I'm facing this:

asprogram.d(94): Error: pure function 'processData' cannot call impure
function 'opEquals'
asprogram.d(114): Error: pure function 'processData' cannot call impure
function 'opEquals'

The only two places that declare opEquals in my program include the "pure"
attribute.

I'm a bit tied up lately, so does anyone have any advice before I attempt
to minimize it, or try to unwind the layers of metaprogramming to figure
out the problem?

The project in question is here (GPL):
https://github.com/CyberShadow/RABCDAsm

My incomplete attempts are on the dmd-2059 branch:
https://github.com/CyberShadow/RABCDAsm/tree/dmd-2059

--
Best regards,
  Vladimir                            mailto:vladimir at thecybershadow.net