[dmd-beta] Time for a beta?

Brad Roberts braddr at puremagic.com
Sun Jan 29 12:22:26 PST 2012

> We started at 25 regressions, 18 blockers, 45 critical, and 158 major bugs out of 2751 open issues.
>
> Now we have 2541 issues, of which 29 regressions, 15 blockers, and 49 criticals, and 147 majors.
>
> Great job on the bug scrubbing and picking the low-hanging fruit (210!) but unfortunately we haven't significantly
> reduced the age of the oldest bug, and we have a net increase of regressions and criticals. I'd say we should make
> significant progress on these three items before considering a beta.
>

> Andrei

I'm fine with a beta at any point in time.  That said, I strongly agree with Andrei in terms of considering a release.
I'd be happy enough if just the regressions were addressed.  There's 7 that have been filed since 1/1/2012, most if not
all of which are very recent regressions, not just newly discovered old regressions.