[dmd-beta] Preparation for 2.65

Brad Anderson eco at gnuk.net
Mon Jan 13 09:03:54 PST 2014

That is my major concern with it as well and is the one thing I don't like
about it (I've actually written here in the past arguing against extensive
cherry-picking). That's also why I wrote the feature freeze/beta window
should be short.  Perhaps it's wishful thinking that it will be short in
practice.  The alternative as I see it is to have every contributor know
the process and know when we are in in a feature freeze/beta and know where
to target their 2 pull requests. That would be ideal but as a practical
matter I'm more inclined to believe assigning that job to one person who is
responsible for it and knows what they should be doing and when will lead
to better results.

Alternatives to this are welcome but I really feel strongly about keeping
it very, very simple (especially for contributors who may or may not be
privy to the current state of the release cycle).