[dmd-beta] Possibly important fix for 2.0.66 beta?

H. S. Teoh via dmd-beta dmd-beta at puremagic.com
Fri Jul 11 21:02:47 PDT 2014

On Fri, Jul 11, 2014 at 05:51:44PM -0700, Brad Roberts wrote:
> There's hundreds of open bugs of various levels of embarrassment.
> That's not exactly a recently introduced bug.  We need to be focusing
> on the regressions and keeping the release cycle fast enough that
> we're not trying to slip more and more fixes in once the beta cycle
> has started.  There's going to be a next release for more fixes to
> reside.
[...]

Fair enough. I suppose the fact that this particular bug has been around
for so long and only recently did somebody run into it, is proof that
perhaps it's a very rarely encountered case, so probably doesn't warrant
urgent treatment.

English is useful because it is a mess. Since English is a mess, it maps
well onto the problem space, which is also a mess, which we call
reality. Similarly, Perl was designed to be a mess, though in the
nicests of all possible ways. -- Larry Wall