[dmd-internals] dmd commit, revision 534

Brad Roberts braddr at puremagic.com
Sun Jun 13 17:23:01 PDT 2010

On 6/13/2010 1:30 PM, Benjamin Shropshire wrote:
> Brad Roberts wrote:
>> The problem with incorporating fixes from other sources is the same as
>> for
>> source code, the license they're under.  DStress has never made that
>> clear,
>> though it's intention is very clear.
>>

> IIRC some big swaths of DStress are explicitly linked to bug numbers.
> Either derived from code in the bug to written explicitly to show a
> specific bug. I wonder if the author of DStress (is he still around?)
> would, at a minimum, place /them/ under some acceptable license (or even
> public domain).

Yes, many are either directly in bugzilla or linked from it.  Since dstress is
gpl v2 (see other email on this thread), I'd prefer to stick with those that are
directly included in bugzilla, which is public domain.  There's over 1900 closed
dmd bugs.. most with good repro cases.  Quite a corpus of useful tests.