[dmd-internals] runnable/interpret.d + -O == failure

Don Clugston dclugston at googlemail.com
Thu Oct 21 18:27:34 PDT 2010

On 21 October 2010 20:19, Brad Roberts <braddr at puremagic.com> wrote:
> On 10/21/2010 10:09 AM, Walter Bright wrote:

> So someone needs to work on a fix.  Normally I'd say revert, but behavior
> changes between -O and not are pretty serious, imho.

I don't think it's a regression. I haven't seen any evidence that this
ever worked.
The odd thing is that it seems to be Linux only. Bug 4750
"fail_compilation/fail225.d causes dmd to segv" is another Linux-only
fault in the test suite, but it fails in the front-end, so I don't see
how they could be related.
There's nothing that could be reverted, other than the -O.

A similar bug did show up on Windows when I first added those tests to
interpret.d. Bug 3264 "-O causes wrong "used before set" error when
using enum" Unfortunately that was fixed at the end of the Dark Ages,
when there's no use of svn. So it's difficult to work out exactly how
it was fixed.