[dmd-internals] next release

Brad Roberts braddr at puremagic.com
Wed Sep 8 14:23:25 PDT 2010

On Wed, 8 Sep 2010, David Simcha wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 8, 2010 at 5:05 PM, David Simcha <dsimcha at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Wed, Sep 8, 2010 at 5:00 PM, Brad Roberts <braddr at puremagic.com> wrote:
> >
> >> What's the state of the union?  Er.. code base?
> >>
> >> IMHO, it's about time to consider cutting the next release.  Who has
> >> opinions on what's unfinished that they believe needs to be in it?
> >>
> >> Here's the current changelog for the trunk (probably needs to be validated
> >> with some of the fixes having to be reverted):
> >
> > I think I've just found a showstopper bug, but I'm still working on
> > producing a reduced test case.  Will keep you guys posted.
>
> Never mind, there was a legit and severe memory corruption bug w.r.t.
> Appender, but it was a silly mistake of having GC block attribute stuff
> swapped.  The fix was trivial, so I've checked it in already.

Hrm.. isn't this like the 3rd or 4th memory curruption bug in it?  Any
thoughts on what can be done to make it less risky, better tested, etc?

Does this bug exist in the current public release or was it introduced
during this cycle?  If it's out in the wild, that raises the urgency of
getting a release out, imho.

Later,
Brad