[dmd-internals] [D-Programming-Language/dmd] 365297: Merge pull request #95 from 9rnsr/check_assignable

Don Clugston dclugston at googlemail.com
Sun Jun 12 15:07:50 PDT 2011

On 12 June 2011 23:48, Brad Roberts <braddr at puremagic.com> wrote:
> If the entries are in the pulled commits, it's a release time matter of running a git log + grep.  Much less effort than per commit manual work.

I don't think it can never be fully automated. You have to deal with
reverted commits, for example, and the D1 changelog is particularly
difficult.
(basically because git is far too dumb to be able to merge D2 changes
into D1). Also I have often found that I have unintentionally fixed a
Bugzilla bug with a previous commit, and this does *not* mean that it
was a duplicate.
Personally I have a text file with a list of all of the bugs I plan on
fixing soon, and I move them to the top when I'm done, so I always
have this list anyway.
I do agree that there doesn't seem to be a need to update the
changelog after every commit.