[dmd-internals] How important are the exact formats of __DATE__, __TIME__, and __TIMESTAMP___?

Andrei Alexandrescu andrei at erdani.com
Tue Mar 8 20:46:49 PST 2011

I understand. If I could, I'd kindly discourage you from working on it.
Its existence would stifle the impetus to work on general lexing and
parsing frameworks (a la highly integrated lex/yacc using D's
generational capabilities). Those in turn would push the compiler
forward and would help fixing bugs, and would offer the proverbial
fishing rod (tools for parsing any language) instead of fish (a lexer
and a parser for D itself).

Andrei