[dmd-internals] generating pull requests for DMD

Michel Fortin michel.fortin at michelf.com
Mon May 30 15:19:30 PDT 2011

Le 2011-05-30 à 17:37, Brad Roberts a écrit :

> Lemee make this simple.. here's a simple makefile and dmd.conf file that 'just work'.
>
> The make file are more complicated than the minimal necessary because they have a bunch of targets that I use while
> developing from time to time.  The default target, however, is enough to clone, build, and test all three packages.
>
> <Makefile.txt><dmd.conf>

Nice. How about creating a folder with these two files and then doing:

	git init
	git add Makefile.txt dmd.conf
	git submodule add https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dmd.git dmd
	git submodule add https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/druntime.git druntime
	git submodule add https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/phobos.git phobos
	git commit -m "First integrated build system"

Then uploading this to github?

Next time someone wants a full build system he just does:

	git clone <url-to-repo>
	cd <repo-dir>
	git submodule update --init

and he has a full build system with the most recent commits in each repo. Later, if for some reason the build system need to change, sharing those changes is just a matter of pushing them for you and pulling them for others.

--
Michel Fortin
michel.fortin at michelf.com
http://michelf.com/