[dmd-internals] I think we should deprecate array .sort and .reverse properties in this release

Don Clugston dclugston at googlemail.com
Sun Oct 9 11:38:38 PDT 2011

The builtin array.sort and array.reverse have often been mentioned as
"will be deprecated", for several years now.
Bug 1339 "Invariant/const-ness is broken by built-in array properties
sort and reverse" has just been fixed.
It seems silly to have people fix such code, only to have it broken
again when those properties are deprecated.

We should also think about deprecating typedef as well. Unless there's
a _really_ good reason for delaying it a bit longer, we should do it
now.
The longer we leave it, the worse it gets.

Additionally, once GDC gets officially included in gcc, deprecating
stuff will be much harder.