[dmd-internals] To consume pull requests for trivial bugs

Brad Roberts braddr at puremagic.com
Mon Aug 20 11:09:36 PDT 2012

I strongly disagree with your implication that the auto-tester counts as
any sort of a review.  It can only detect incorrectness, not declare
correctness.  There's little evidence to suggest that anyone is going to
look at the code post-commit and I'm not comfortable with hoping that
someone will.  Hoping that someone's testing happens to catch them during
a very tiny beta period (a different problem unto itself) is just fantasy.

Sorry, but the fix to not enough people with front end experience doing
code reviews is not to not do code reviews.

My 2 cents,
Brad