[dmd-internals] To consume pull requests for trivial bugs

Leandro Lucarella luca at llucax.com.ar
Thu Aug 23 02:59:55 PDT 2012

Don Clugston, el 23 de August a las 08:53 me escribiste:
> On 23 August 2012 01:02, Leandro Lucarella <luca at llucax.com.ar> wrote:
> > Don Clugston, el 22 de August a las 13:13 me escribiste:

> >> I am, together with Kenji and Brad.
> >
> > Thank you. I didn't know you were, Kenji said the invitation was recent
> > and he was the trigger of all this thread. I didn't count Brad because
> > AFAIK he usually only pushed infrastructure and auto-tester stuff.
> >
> > And I'm curious, are your commits are previously peer-reviewed by
> > anyone? Do you push other people's commits?
>
> We *only* push other people's commits, not our own.
> It is recent, I've only merged about a dozen so far, mostly old ones
> created by Daniel (yebblies), whose patches have historically been the
> most neglected

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHfOejlvVsY

It would be nice if all these changes in the development process weren't
discussed or changed in secrecy, at least to stop people wrong being
factually wrong about the it. You know, after all, being open is half of
being open source ;)

BTW, I guess this still don't apply to Walter, or is him too only
pushing other people's patches and making pull requests as any other
developer?