[dmd-internals] Planning software?

Leandro Lucarella luca at llucax.com.ar
Thu Jan 19 01:44:49 PST 2012

Andrei Alexandrescu, el 18 de enero a las 17:11 me escribiste:
> >No Andrei, you're wrong, take probably the biggest opensource project
> >ever, Linux, as an example and realize that that's not **necessary** (if
> >you think Linux is a completely different piece of software, take Python
> >as an example). I've been always *pushing* ways to be more organized in
> >the development of D, so I completely agree about the goal, I just feel
> >like you might not be moving in the right direction.
>
> Linux and Python benefit from high participation. We don't have that
> yet, so we need to rely on better organization.

They didn't get participation from adding more tools. I don't know where
do you get the idea that adding more tools will bring more people. Also,
you're still associating "new tool" == "better organization" and my
point is exactly that that's not true.

> >Anyway, I will just shut up because I have no idea about what is Trello
> >about and have no information whatsoever about do you plan to use it (is
> >there any place where I can find this discussion?). If bugzilla will
> >**really** stay the same (I wish it would get much better though, maybe
> >that's why you feel like you need another tool), I will not complain
> >anymore (same if it get *replaced* by a better alternative for that
> >matter).
>
> If you have no idea what Trello is about, isn't that a bit
> incongruent with the confidence with which you're sure I'm wrong?

No, I'm just telling you about counter-examples. That's all I need to
refute your reasoning :) (about the **need** for a new tool to get
better organization, again, I do agree that we need better organization
to grow, I don't agree about the means to get the better organization).