[dmd-internals] Planning software?

Andrei Alexandrescu andrei at erdani.com
Thu Jan 19 06:14:30 PST 2012

On 1/19/12 3:44 AM, Leandro Lucarella wrote:
> They didn't get participation from adding more tools. I don't know where
> do you get the idea that adding more tools will bring more people.

I don't you where _you_ get that idea. What I'm saying is simply that
better organization improves productivity.

> Also,
> you're still associating "new tool" == "better organization" and my
> point is exactly that that's not true.

We've tried the grassroots "hey, let's do X from now on, mmkay?" many
times. It doesn't work. We need more structure.

>>> Anyway, I will just shut up because I have no idea about what is Trello
>>> about and have no information whatsoever about do you plan to use it (is
>>> there any place where I can find this discussion?). If bugzilla will
>>> **really** stay the same (I wish it would get much better though, maybe
>>> that's why you feel like you need another tool), I will not complain
>>> anymore (same if it get *replaced* by a better alternative for that
>>> matter).
>>
>> If you have no idea what Trello is about, isn't that a bit
>> incongruent with the confidence with which you're sure I'm wrong?
>
> No, I'm just telling you about counter-examples. That's all I need to
> refute your reasoning :) (about the **need** for a new tool to get
> better organization, again, I do agree that we need better organization
> to grow, I don't agree about the means to get the better organization).

Well what means do you propose? You did little more in this discussion
than contradicting things I said.

What steps can we take to get better at organizing D's development?

Andrei