[dmd-internals] Planning software?

David Simcha dsimcha at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 11:18:33 PST 2012

I'd be interested in integrating Leandro's changes *but only if* the
compiler is modified to generate pointer offset information in TypeInfo
first.  I'm currently not a DMD developer and I don't have time to learn my
way around that codebase so I won't be writing that patch.  Last time I
tried to add precise heap scanning it went nowhere because I used templates
and CTFE to generate this and it didn't play nicely with RTTI.

Bottom line:  I'm willing to put in the effort but only if I can be
reasonably confident that it won't be wasted.